Saturday, May 12, 2012

Ch-ch-changes.

I used to resist change a lot. 

I'm not saying that I've changed (ha!) so much to where I'll now welcome it with open arms...but, I think I've come to a place where I've realized that change is inevitable and that sometimes change can be a good thing. 

I probably operated under the mentality of, 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' (spoken like a true southerner, might I add) for a majority of my life. I hope my mindset has transformed into more of a, 'this is good...but how can we make it even better?' 

I can accredit my change of heart to the fact that my current place of employment (and entire life, really) is constantly changing. There's nothing consistent about where I've been for the last 6 years. From roommate to roommate, house to house, office to office, co-worker to co-worker, a flooded river to a drying up river, new buildings built, old buildings gone... the list goes on. And on, and on, and on. 

I used to panic when they put up fences and my regular path to work was interrupted. I used to panic when doors were literally moved, when new programs were added, when new people came. 

Now, I don't panic... I've come to realize that this is just how life is. And it's been good for me. 

Some change is hard. Some change involves heartache and goodbyes and leaving behind good things. But sometimes the change is exciting and refreshing and freeing. Sometimes it's a mixture of both. I guess, when change happens, I want to believe that there's always a newness and a hope of something better coming along. So far, that has been true. 

And there's a Constant, even in the midst of the change. A Constant to cling to, to put my hope and trust in. A Constant that reminds me that there's an eternity of glory that awaits me. 

But for now I need to be okay with the change. 
It's suddenly upon me as summer begins tomorrow. In just a few short months, life will look drastically different. An unknown sort of different. 

Instead of fearing the change....instead of panicking... I know there's a hope of something greater than what I've always known. A newness. A new place. A new home. A new life. It doesn't mean that the past is forgotten, but it means that when change happens it's not detrimental to my existence anymore. It means that when change happens, it can be life-giving and absolutely beautiful. 

I don't know if you hate change or if you love it... 
But I hope that you're open to it change when it happens... and I hope you don't just seek change for the sake of change. I hope that you are a person who takes the good and longs to make it better. I hope that you are a person who believes, no matter what happens circumstantially on this earth, that there's an unchanging, unwavering God who is good. To you. Even if you don't exactly quite understand that in this moment. 

There is always more than this life... even when all seems to fade away. 
There's always something constant to cling to. 
May we hang onto Him and enjoy the ride. 

I'll be posting quite a bit more sporadically for the next 3 months as life becomes slightly busy for me. Feel free to continue asking questions, giving feedback, and sending in topics you'd like to read about. I look forward to hearing from you! 
* * *

Your entries will remain anonymous

1 comment: