Thursday, February 13, 2014

Apathetic Valentine

This may be the first year in my life that I actually don't care about Valentine's Day.

I'm sure I've said I don't care in the past, but there was a part of me that still did. It was just another reminder of how I was still single, or a holiday that, for whatever dumb reason, caused me to set these unrealistic expectations for my boyfriend at the time.

I don't know if it's because my relationship is currently long-distance or if it's because I'm so humbled to be in a relationship where I feel like I'm constantly being doted upon...but, I actually don't care about Valentine's Day (although, I do really like those candy hearts). There's a confidence and a security and I don't need him to do something special for me on this particularly mandated day...because who he is every other day is more than enough (and in this, I already know that whatever happens/doesn't happen isn't going to disappoint).

It's a weird place to be, honestly.
It's a freeing place to be.

I feel like I should always write something about the holiday, though...considering that my blog has lots to do with love and relationships. But, I feel like it's better if you just read what I wrote last year.

Because this year, I'm just thankful.
I don't need anything more than what I have. I don't want anything more than what I have.
This year, I'm an apathetic Valentine....but I recognize that it can very much be a holiday that many struggle with and through for various reasons.

So, read on... 
And don't lose sight of the things that matter infinitely more than this.

Your entries will remain anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment